Greetings Graduating Seniors!
On behalf of Loyola University Chicago’s Career Development Center (CDC), I am writing to congratulate you on your graduation and to highlight some of the many resources offered by the CDC. Whether you plan to work, pursue an advanced degree, join the military, or participate in a service experience such as the Peace Corps, we have many resources for graduates--available on campus, in the community, and online.
Our website has several online resources to enhance your job search and career exploration experience. Here are a few:
- Rambler Link offers hundreds of full and part-time job, internship, and service opportunities from local and national employers and agencies who are interested in hiring Loyola graduates! You will also have access to career fairs, upcoming events, on-campus recruiting, job shadowing, career documents, and career exploration.
- Going Global: Extensive career and employment resources for more than 80 locations around the world. Access Going Global from your Rambler Link homepage.
- BridgeMyCareer collects abundant candidate information including education and activities, experiences and skills, job suitability, and personal preferences. This new software system aligns this information to similar job-specific criteria set by leading employers. The result: A more effective and less stressful job search experience -- where the jobs find you!
LUC Alumni Relations offers a range of resources and events to support alumni career development, including the next Quarterly Alumni Networking Night on June 19th. Also, click on www.linkd.in/LUCAlumni to join the Loyola group on LinkedIn to make career connections online!
Appointments with a CDC Career Advisor. Contact us at 773-508-7716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WTC – Suite 800, Corboy Law Center (opening June)
- LSC – Suite 295, Sullivan Center for Student Services
Recruit Chicago Alumni Only Career Fair: Pre-selected exhibiting employers to only include the best companies and opportunities in the area for professionals, and only alumni of sponsoring universities are eligible to attend. June 27, 2013 - UIC Forum (725 W. Roosevelt Rd. Chicago, IL 60608)
Again, and the CDC staff looks forward to assisting you with your post-graduation plans. Remember that our services are available to alumni at no cost and for life!
Lastly, I would like to thank you for completing the Graduating Senior Exit Survey that Fr. Garanzini recently emailed. Your input is very important to Loyola–please tell us about your post-graduation plans, how you prepared to achieve or pursue your goals, and your satisfaction with your Loyola experience in the past four years.
Wishing you much success,
Stephanie Stewart, Ph.D., Director
Career Development Center