Loyola University Chicago
Getting Help: Technology Consultations
- Need help learning a new software or getting started on a project? Schedule a technology consultation.
Getting Tools: Technology We Provide
- Resource guide of Libraries support for video assignments.
- Check out camcorders, cameras, iPods, voice recorders, and other technology from our Technology Lending service.
- The Digital Media Lab offers high-end hardware and software for video and audio editing.
- You can reserve a video editing or audio editing workstation any time!
- Take a look at the list of software in the Digital Media Lab that can support your multimodal project.
Getting Materials: How to Find Content
- You can search Creative Commons licensed works for video, music, and images.
- The ### is a collection of old films in the public domain (free for you to use and remix).
- Compfight is a searchable image engine you can use to find pictures for your project.
- The Free Music Archive's Music For Video has music you can use in your video legally and free of charge.
- ### Libraries' Special Collections Research Center has many digital images of ### and ### history.
Getting Started: Helpful Tutorials
- Learn more about storyboarding and composing a video by watching the University of Richmond's digital storytelling tutorials.
- Guide for instructors on how to implement a digital media project from Penn State Digital Media Commons.
- Our Guide to iMovie '11 and Guide to MovieMaker cover everything you need to make a movie on a Mac or PC.
- For Mac users, Apple has a set of Videos and Get Started tutorials on iMovie.
- If you prefer to use a PC, a few introductory videos can also be found on the MovieMaker website.