As a critical part of our mission, The Center for the Human Rights of Children looks to involve others who are passionate about representing, coordinating, and stimulating efforts to understand, protect and apply the human rights of children. We often invite students, faculty, and staff from Loyola and surrounding universities to become involved with research projects, events, and other Center efforts. The CHRC also frequently offers fellowship and internship opportunities, to support various endeavors in this field.
Keep checking back, as we are always looking to recruit individuals who want to be involved with the CHRC!
- Advancing Healthy Homes Research Fellow: The University's Healthy Homes & Healthy Communities Initiative seeks a part-time, graduate level student (or qualified undergraduate) to work up to 15 hours/week from March 1st-June 30th, 2015. The student will work under the supervision of the director of the Center for the Human Rights of Children and director of ChildLaw Policy Institute, and undertake short-term projects that may involve legal and social science research, developing outreach materials, and researching community based programs related to healthy housing.
- Qualifications: strong research skills, strong writing skills, organizational skills, familiarity with LUC library system, including scholarly and web-based research. The position is paid and short-term. Interested students should forward a resume and two academic references to Katherine Kaufka Walts at email@example.com and Anita Weinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty have worked with the CHRC on various issues, including evaluating and improving upon programs used to address the needs of young adults aging out of orphanages in Ethiopia, advocacy efforts to promote more human and just responses to undocumented children entering our borders, and researching service needs of child trafficking victims.
Faculty Fellowship Proposal 2015-2016
- The Center for the Human Rights of Children (CHRC) is pleased to announce a new, Faculty Fellowship Applications (2015-2016) of $5,000. Loyola Faculty members are invited to apply for three Faculty Fellowships that support the mission of the CHRC.
- Read more about the fellowship and the application process here: Faculty Fellowship Application PDF
Type of Opportunities:
- Faculty Fellowships: The CHRC will provide several faculty fellowships in the coming semesters. These fellows may be based in various disciplines, but will be united in research and scholarly interests that align with the goals of the CHRC. Fellows' projects may include publication in scholarly journals, translational research to better inform advocates and external partners working directly with vulnerable children, written policy papers/briefs, course development, development and implementation of series of outreach educational programs in campus linking research with a call to action, and augmenting/supporting an existing research project.
- Faculty Grants and Stipends: The CHRC offers an annual call for proposals to LUC faculty that will support selected projects to support/augument to develop new events, outreach programs, or coursework related to children's rights issues. These projects may be smaller in scale than those proposed for the faculty fellowships mentioned above.
- Affiliate Status: Faculty may also choose to be involved with the CHRC in other ways, meaningful ways than those described above to advance the CHRC mission, including project design, applying for grants, collaborating on outreach and educational events, and teaching. Our affiliated faculty include experts in law, medicine, social work, education, early childhood development, psychology, political science, business, and criminal justice.
2012 Research Fellowship