Unity in Diversity Fund
The Unity in Diversity Fund, originally called the Arrupe-King Fund, is a fund established in honor of Rev. Pedro Arrupe, S.J., and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Father Arrupe was elected the 28th Superior General of the Jesuits in 1965 and was known for his dedication to the cause of social justice in his religious life. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a civil rights activist who fought for the freedom, equality and dignity of people of all races.
The Unity in Diversity Fund is intended to support and cultivate educational events, programs, activities and educational opportunities that specifically address social justice and human diversity programming for the Loyola community (students, faculty and staff). Through this exciting opportunity, the university aims to consolidate and advance social justice issues and multicultural education as well as to increase the overall campus climate for diversity.
Funding from the Unity in Diversity Fund is available to Loyola departments, faculty, and student organizations for events that address social justice issues and diversity topics at Loyola University Chicago.
Application and Application Process
- Review the UID Fund Guidelines & Criteria carefully for information about required documentation and funding requirements. NOTE: The UID Fund Criteria & Guidelines have recently changed so be sure to review them.
- Select the appropriate deadline for your program or event. You must choose the deadline that allows at least 7 weeks for the processing of paperwork for proposals with contracts or 4 weeks for proposals without contracts.
- Fill out the Unity in Diversity Fund Proposal Form on Orgsync and submit by 5:00 p.m. on the submission deadline (see below).
- Completed applications will be reviewed by the Department of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs the week following the deadline.
- Decisions will be sent out 1–2 weeks from the deadline.
|Summer 2015||Fall 2015||Spring 2016|
Friday, July 24, 2015
Questions? Please contact Gaby Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 773.508.3909.