Artifacts to Include
What to Include in Your ePortfolio?
Deciding what to include and leave out of your ePortfolio is a crucial step in the ePortfolio creation process. Once you have identified a purpose, audience, and type for your ePortfolio, you can start to think about what "artifacts" to include.
An artifact is a piece of evidence that is relevant to the ePortfolio, enhances the content, and effectively demonstrates skills, abilities, experiences, or competency.
In general, ePortfolios can include:
- Writing samples (research papers, essays, fiction, reflections, journals)
- Research projects
- Blog entries or a full blog
- Web links
- Observations by mentors and peers
- Reflective thinking and writing
- Resume, cover letter and other professional job search documents
- Letters of recommendation