The sport industry is a multi-billion dollar sector in the U.S. and global economies. Its rapid growth and expansion depend not only on talented athletes but also on well-educated managers and executives with strong business skills.
College graduates with a sport management major can choose careers in a range of sports-related entities, including:
- Professional sport franchises
- Intercollegiate athletics
- Sports apparel and equipment companies
- Athletic governance organizations
- Event management
- Sport media
- Fitness centers
- Parks and recreation operations
Job functions include:
- Ticket operations and management
- Facility operations management
- Human resources
In support of Loyola's Jesuit tradition of educating the whole person and the mission of the Quinlan School of Business to develop values-based leaders, we foster the career development process through comprehensive career services and resources. Current Business students and business alumni are welcome to utilize services and resources offered by Business Career Services.