As of October 2020, we are no longer accepting new courses into the Core Curriculum, in preparation for a review of the Core Curriculum during the 2021-22 academic year.
During the 2021-22 academic year, Core Development Working Groups (CDWGs) were formed, consisting of 40 faculty from around the University. These groups will work within the current structure of the Core Curriculum to propose the following:
1) Refined learning goals, objectives, and outcomes for each Core Area of Inquiry
2) Courses to be added to or removed from the Core
3) Opportunities for the development of new Core courses
New Core course proposals in the areas defined as opportunities by the CDWGs will be accepted beginning in Fall 2022.
Additional plans to assess the Core Curriculum include the following:
1) Planning in 2022-23 for an assessment of Core courses in 2023-24
2) Exploring mechanisms and implications for adding timing requirements to Tier 1 courses
3) Exploring mechanisms and implications for adding Core Values distributive requirements