The field of education law and policy is complex, evolving and wide-ranging. The Education Law and Policy Institute builds the knowledge-base and skills of our students to serve the educational needs of children through the law.
The Education Law and Policy Institute offers:
A comprehensive and integrated curriculum in education law, including courses in:
- Education law and policy
- Fundamentals of school law
- Special education law and advocacy
- Labor and employment law in the education workplace
- Legal issues in school discipline.
Additional resources for students
- Opportunities for experiential learning through simulation courses, field placements, and direct representation.
- An interdisciplinary partnership with Loyola’s School of Education, including a JD/MEd in Law and Education Policy, a JD/MA in Law and Comparative Education, a Certificate in School Discipline Reform and interdisciplinary research opportunities.
Resources for the community
- Advocacy resources for children confronting barriers to educational opportunities and educational connections
- A student-led suspension hotline that provides information and advocacy to parents and students regarding school suspensions.
- Events and research on timely and important issues in the field.
- An extensive network of students and alumni who are passionate and knowledgeable about education law and policy issues.