Loyola University > School of Law > Academics > Centers, Institutes, and Programs > Tax and Estate Planning Program
Tax and Estate Planning Program
A unique program
Loyola University Chicago School of Law’s JD program is uniquely designed to provide a structured Tax and Estate Planning education for students who ultimately enter a general business practice, or a more concentrated income tax or estate planning practice. Our accomplished full-time faculty, along with top tax and estate planning practitioners, offer an unusually deep curriculum that provides a solid foundation for corporate, tax and estate planning lawyers to excel in transactional practice.
Learning Outcomes for Loyola’s Tax Law Program
- Students will be able to restate the basic concepts underlying the field of taxation.
- Students will know how to apply the relevant statutory rules in a variety of situations.
- Students will be able to describe the role of case law in the development of tax law.
- Students will be able to explain the impact of administrative pronouncements on the tax law.
- Students will be able to analyze tax issues.
- Students will be able to describe the role of the lawyer as planner.
- Students will be able to identify the ethical issues posed by the practice of tax law.
Unusually strong student interest in tax and estate planning exists at Loyola where students can demonstrate their rigorous training by successfully completing our well regarded Tax Certificate Program. In recent years, 10%-15% of the graduating class has earned the Tax Certificate. Our many alumni are among the top business, tax, and estate planning lawyers in Chicago and beyond.
Our well respected Federal Tax Law Clinic and Business Law Clinic offer opportunities for students to get hands-on experience as an integral part of their education.
Helping our students to learn, grow, and succeed has always been a tradition at Loyola University Chicago School of Law. We invite you to learn more about our Tax and Estate Planning Program from this summary. If you have any questions, please contact us, at 312.915.7120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.