ASN Application Update: Reviews In-Process
Applications are closed for any student seeking induction in October 2015. Schools, Colleges, and Institutes are now reviewing the applications of students who submitted their application and obtained the necessary letters of recommendation (as required).
The screening and processes should conclude by mid-July 2015.
What is Alpha Sigma Nu?
Alpha Sigma Nu is the international honor society of Jesuit institutions of higher education. The society was founded in 1915 to honor a select number of students each year on the basis of scholarship, loyalty, and service. Alpha Sigma Nu is unique among honor societies in that it seeks to identify the most promising students in Jesuit schools. Inductees demonstrate an intelligent appreciation of and commitment to the ideals - intellectual, social, moral, and religious - of Jesuit higher education. Selection to Alpha Sigma Nu is one of the highest honors that can be given on a Jesuit campus.
Who is eligible to join?
Juniors, seniors, graduate, professional, and adult students who are in the top 15% of their class academically and have a demonstrated record of service and loyalty to the Jesuit ideals of education are considered for membership.
Why should I join?
- Only 4% of students are inducted, as it is the highest honor at Jesuit Institutions including all disciplines
- See Privileges of Membership.
- Remarkable opportunities for networking with over 68,000 members worldwide.
- Interaction with other members within the society. This includes your home institution and other institutions that have ΑΣΝ chapters.
- Enhancing the experience of a Jesuit Education
- Life long membership