Getting to Campus
Where to go for the Ceremonies
- All ceremonies except the School of Continuing and Professional Studies ceremony are held in the Gentile Arena on Lake Shore Campus.
- The School of Continuing and Professional Studies ceremony is held in Mundelein Auditorium on our Lake Shore Campus.
- The address that should be used for all direction is 1032 W. Sheridan Rd., Chicago, IL 60660
- Graduates and their guests are strongly encouraged to use public transportation whenever possible.
- Loyola is most easily accessible via the “El,” or elevated train. On the Red Line, the Loyola stop drops you off directly across from campus, very close to the Gentile Arena.
- Both the 147 and 151 buses also have many stops close to campus, including ones at Winthrop Avenue and directly across from campus at the Loyola “El” stop on the red line.
- Please visit www.transitchicago.com for additional public transportation information.
Loyola University Chicago seeks to provide efficient, convenient, and safe transportation options for students, staff and visitors. The urban setting of the Lake Shore and Water Tower Campuses provide a wealth of transit options including train, bus, bicycle, pedestrian, and car. While the University meets all parking requirements mandated by the City of Chicago, due to our urban location, there can be limited access to convenient parking locations.
Loyola encourages the reduction of single occupancy vehicle trips to campus through alternative transportation modes such as; public transit, Metra, Pace, and ride sharing. Additionally we encourage healthy commuting options like walking and bicycling. Increased use of alternative commuting options improves the quality of life on campus, strengthens our ties to our neighboring community, and reduces impacts on the environment.
For more information about Loyola's commitment to sustainability, please visit the Office of Sustainability's website.