Advanced Placement Summer Institute
for Secondary School Teachers
Loyola University's 2014 Advanced Placement Summer Institute will be conducted July 7-11.
All subjects besides AP Environmental Science will take place at our Lakeshore Campus in Chicago, Illinois.
The Environmental Science workshop will be held at the Retreat and Ecology Campus in Woodstock, Illinois.
Each workshop will be led by College Board-certified AP consultants and will provide participants with the experiences necessary to successfully teach an advanced placement course in their discipline. Workshop activities will include:
- Creation of an Advanced Placement program in the participant's area of expertise
- Review of past AP examinations and scoring rubrics
- Guidance for teaching critical concepts
- Development of successful AP assignments
- Hands-on laboratory experience for science AP workshops
- Hands-on experience in all mathematics workshops
- Opportunities to network with other AP teachers
Loyola's AP Summer Institute is officially endorsed by the Midwest Regional Office of the College Board and is run by Loyola's Center for Science and Math Education.