PhD in Cultural & Educational Policy Studies
The PhD in Cultural and Educational Policy Studies, conferred by The Graduate School, is designed to prepare students for research and teaching at the university-level or in research-oriented organizations. The PhD degree program is offered in each of the following areas of concentration: Comparative and international education, history of education, sociology of education, and philosophy of education.
- Examine education policy and practice through a multidisciplinary approach, with an overarching emphasis on social justice.
- Work with faculty members who are accomplished teachers, education researchers and prominent in their respective fields of specialization.
- Learn to conduct original research that can inform educational policy and practice.
Explore the program
- Program Faculty
- Protocol for Comprehensive Examinations
- Preparing the Dissertation Proposal
- Oral Defense of the Dissertation