Hardware/Software Review Process
Information & Instructions about the Review Process for Departmental Purchases
Information Technology Services will review non-standard technology purchases for the purpose of ensuring that your departmental purchase will effectively be compatible with Loyola's environment. Read the University Hardware & Software Acquisition Policy here.
In order to effectively review your needs, please provide the following information on the form:
- Please explain the benefits over the standard configuration.
- Will the item be connected to the network?
- Are you requesting ITS assistance in installing or supporting the product?
- Are you purchasing a warranty for service and support?
- Is training required?
- Does a contract need to be signed for this purchase? If so, has the contract been reviewed in accordance with the Contract Policy?
- Have you already contacted the vendor about this purchase? If so, please provide the name and contact information.
When the review is complete, ITS will notify you via e-mail. A copy of the completed review will also be sent to the purchasing department. You do not need to wait for the ITS review to be completed before submitting a purchase requisition, but the Purchasing Department will not process the request until the review is finished.
Faculty requesting network-based software for student or classroom use should also submit a Instructional Software Request Form (2016-2017) (PDF).
If you have questions about this form or the review process, please contact the Help Desk at 8-4ITS. You can also e-mail email@example.com, for assistance.
Whenever possible, Loyola purchases only Energy Star certified equipment and makes every attempt to choose EPEAT silver or gold-certified desktops, laptops, printers and monitors. We encourage all Loyola students, staff and faculty to consider sustainable information technology equipment.