Global Sustainability Initiatives
On December 2nd we hosted a conversation with Amanda Hamilton, Indirect Procurement Manager at McCain Foods, who shared insights about McCain's global sustainability strategy along with initiatives related to redirecting by-products from landfills, eliminating food waste, migrating to sustainable packaging, and more.
Money Talks: Look for opportunities that bring economic and sustainability benefits
- New forklift battery charging technology reduces water usage 90% and shorter charge times resulting in substantial savings and sustainability win. A
- Motion sensor LED lights in the warehouse
- Redefine Food Waste by making it an opportunity for revenue generation and sustainability growth.
- McCain extracts starch from the potato's water during their fries manufacturing and supplies it into the industry for various applications.
Select the right business partners and take the long view
- Select partners who share your sustainability culture and set long term goals to encourage innovation.
- McCain partnerships include initiatives that reduce pesticide requirements and explore new varieties of potatoes for water-stressed areas.
Boost your brand image with sustainability
- Stakeholders expect and welcome sustainability initiatives from their favorite brands. Build sustainability messaging into product promotions.
Indirect Procurement Manager, McCain Foods