Loyola University Chicago
In the event of an injury or other medical emergency:
- Call 4-4911 (using an on-campus phone) or go to the nearest yellow emergency phone and push the "on" button (it will ring directly into the Public Safety Telecommunications Office).
- Identify your location: building name or number, office or room number.
- Describe the situation:
- what has happened;
- type(s) of injuries.
- Give your name and phone number.
- Obtain or provide immediate on-site first aid.
- Alert other employees/students that an emergency is occurring.
Public Safety - Dispatch an Officer to the emergency location. At Mallinckrodt call Wilmette Police/Fire Department:
- Call Student Health and/or Chicago Fire Department paramedics.
- Assist in traffic/crowd control for movement of the victim(s).
- Notify appropriate University officials as outlined in the basic plan.