Safety and Wellness Committee
USGA Safety and Wellness Committee is your official student body representatives to Loyola Campus Safety and the University Wellness Center.
We devote our time to the students' behalf concerning student health and safety. The USGA Safety and Wellness Committee works frequently with the Director of Campus Safety, Dean of Students, Judicial Affairs, and the Director of the Wellness Center to bring any needed change to Loyola. This committee has members that sit on the Wellness Center Quality Control Board, CCRT University Sexual Prevention Board, Undergraduate Safety Net Coalition Alcohol Policy Board, and the Campus Safety Advisory Board.
For more information about the Safety and Wellness Committee or to become more involved, please contact the Chair, Kyle McCloskey, at email@example.com.
The Latest News From the Safety and Wellness Committee:
1. Had a meeting with Diane Asaro:
- Said that it's been a great transition to the Grenada Center, says the only thing we need now is let the students know we've moved. They are still experiencing about the same amount of students coming, which is relief. They thought the numbers would represent a drop.
- Wellness Center is encouraging Safety and Wellness to explore a referendum question about moving towards a smoke free campus.
- Frostbite is under control.
- University will not be switching to Think About It. They felt there was just not enough information on the program for Loyola to directly subsidize using it. They will not be using it for upperclassman either because it is geared towards incoming freshman, and would therefore not be useful to use for upperclassman. They have said that Alcoholedu has revamped and looks new again. Hoping to see the renovations soon.
2. Meeting with Officer Cunningham this week.
We're on Facebook! Like our page to get the latest news from our committee!
For a full list of member information, please reference the committee section of the 2013-2014 Fall Member Directory.