Cybersecurity Technology Management Certificate
Launching Spring 2023
The 3-course Cybersecurity Technology Management Certificate provides students with a background in both the technological and managerial aspects of skills needed to be an effective cybersecurity professional in today’s IT enterprises.
Students will learn how to assess how prepared an organization is for cyber threats, how to prepare and plan for these threats, manage their aftermath, including ensuring continuity of IT functions, and to develop a strategy for designing and building cloud security architectures. An emphasis on ethical, legal, policy and regulatory concerns is embedded throughout the program.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone or in partnership with an SCPS degree.
|Total Number of Courses||
(4 if completing an optional course)
|Total Number of Credit Hours||
9 credit hours
(10-12 credit hours if completing the optional course)
|Start Term and Time to Completion||
Students will start the certificate in Spring I (January) and take a single course each session in three consecutive 8-week sessions completing the certificate in 7 months.
This certificate will first be offered in Spring 2023.
|Schedule Format||Courses offered in 8-week sessions in a fully online format with weekly evening synchronous meetings.|
|Transfer Credit Accepted Toward Certificate||3 credit hours (1 course). Transfer credit must be from the last five years.|
Online with weekly synchronous meetings held in the evening.
|Application and Admission Requirements||
Students should have a current role or past experience/background in IT Leadership, Information Technology, Information Assurance, or Cybersecurity; OR they need to provide prior Cybersecurity Training credential (University degree/certificate or Industry Certification).
|Tuition and Fees|
- CPST 381 Cybersecurity Governance
- CPST 382 Cybersecurity Incident Response Management
- CPST 383 Cloud Security Strategy and Architecture
- Advanced Topics in Cybersecurity Technology Management: The optional course is included to address up-to-the-minute topics, such as emerging threats, insider threats, latest application delivery processes, and practices, etc.
The Cybersecurity Technology Management Certificate is designed to give IT professionals a solid background in the skills needed to be an effective Cybersecurity Professional in today’s IT Enterprises.
Students in this program will be able to:
- Explain the strategic importance of effective, interdisciplinary, and multifunctional enterprise information security governance and information security management program and its execution
- Evaluate the effectiveness and potential application of multiple information security governance structures and information security management programs for variant enterprise scenarios with consideration for strategic, operational, ethical, social, environmental, and risk factors
- Apply foundational knowledge of governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) concepts as they relate to legal, regulatory, and standards-based environments, such as HIPAA, FISMA, NERC, PCI DSS, GLBA, SOX, FERPA, COPPA, and others. Students will describe and identify policy frameworks, legal and compliance implications, and best practices.
- Define the constituent components of Contingency Planning including Business Impact Analysis, Incident Response Planning, Disaster Recovery Planning, Business Continuity Planning, and Crisis Management Planning
- Describe the phases associated with the preparation and organization of incident response operations; Define threat management and its role in incident response; Develop an incident response plan
- Identify the known threats, risks, vulnerabilities, privacy issues and regulatory requirements associated with Cloud-based IT services; Understand the concepts and guiding principles for designing and implementing appropriate safeguards and countermeasures for Cloud-based IT services
- Design and build secure Cloud architectures that assure secure isolation of physical and logical infrastructures.
For more information
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-915-6501 to schedule a meeting with one of our admissions counselors.
Course descriptions are available on LOCUS
Select the “Guest Access to LOCUS” link found directly below the “Sign In” button and choose “Browse the Course Catalog” link to search for a course and view the description.