In order to cultivate and share resources for DEI work at Loyola University, the OIDEI (Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) has compiled this list of DEI-related resources to further facilitate individual and self-paced Learning & Development opportunities.
Articles & Infographics
- Being An Ally Is A Journey, Medium
- Disarming Racial Microaggressions: Microintervention Strategies for Targets, White Allies, and Bystanders. Sue, Derald Wing, et al., The American Psychologist, vol. 74, no. 1, 2019, pp. 128–42.
- How to Make Anti-Racism More Than a Performance, Dr Bettina L . Love
- Intersectionality Presentation by PHAROAH BOLDING
- Is it a Microaggression? by Myron R. Anderson, Ph.D., and Kathryn S. Young, Ph.D.
- It's More Than Racism: Isabel Wilkerson Explains America's 'Caste' System, NPR Article
- LGBTQ+ Vocabulary Glossary of Terms, The Safe Zone Project
- She Coined the Term ‘Intersectionality’ Over 30 Years Ago. Here’s What It Means to Her Today by Katy Steinmetz, Time
- Talking about Race, National Museum of African American History and Culture
- The 7 Hallmarks of an Antiracist Organization by Dr Tiffany Jana, Medium
- The Differences Between Allies, Accomplices & Co-Conspirators May Surprise You by Dr Tiffany Jana, Medium
- Continuum on Becoming an Anti-Racist, Multicultural Institution
- Pronouncing Students’ Names
- Livingston, Robert W. The Conversation : How Seeking and Speaking the Truth About Racism Can Radically Transform Individuals and Organizations : a Science-Based Approach. Currency, 2021.
- Menakem, Resmaa. My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies. Central Recovery Press, 2017.
- Sue, Derald Wing. Race Talk and the Conspiracy of Silence: Understanding and Facilitating Difficult Dialogues on Race. Wiley, 2015.
- Disability Matters with Joyce Bender
- Diversity: Beyond the Checkbox with certified diversity executive and cofounder of The Diversity Movement, Jackie Ferguson
- Diversity Deep Dive with Audra Jenkins
- Code Switch Podcast, NPR
- Finding Our Way Podcast with Prentiss Hemphill
- The Diversity Gap with Bethany Wilkinson
- The Will To Change: Uncovering True Stories of Diversity & Inclusion with Jennifer Brown
- Untapped with Tariq Meyers
- Chosen Modes of Address Resources, Loyola’s Faculty Center for Ignatian Pedagogy
- How Power, Privilege and Supremacy Show Up in the Workplace, bhasin consulting inc.
- How To Be an Ally, OIDEI
- Microaggressions in the Classroom, University of North Texas in the Department of Media Arts
- Tarana's Toolbox: Joy Journal, Tarana Burke
- The Urgency of Intersectionality, Kimberlé Crenshaw TED Talk (TED Women 2016)
- How to Understand Power, Eric Liu (TED Ed)
- Privilege, Power, and Oppression, Graduate School of Social Work – DU
- What is Privilege? Lean In