Greeley Center Toolkit
The Greeley Center toolkit is a compilation of resources intended to support educators and schools by addressing the challenges of providing innovative professional learning, leadership development, and pursuing equity to remove barriers
- Ensuring a Place at the Table: Service Students with Disabilities in Catholic Schools (book)
- Called to Community: Implementing PLCs in Catholic Schools (book)
- Exceptional Learners in Catholic Schools: The Results of the Benchmarking Survey 2017 (book)
- NCEA Briefs: Core Reading Instruction (book)
- Response to Intervention: A Blueprint for Catholic Schools (book)
- Universal Design for Learning: Getting Started with Backward Design (book)
National Standards and Benchmarks
The National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools describes how the most mission-driven, program effective, well managed, and responsibly governed Catholic schools operate. They are school effectiveness standards rather than curriculum content standards, although they support rigorous curriculum development aligned to Gospel values and standards.
Download the standards for free: (download the standards)
Purchase the book from NCEA: (purchase the book)
The Faithful Reader Newsletter
This archive of our monthly newsletter shares essential practices in reading instruction. These tips and ideas are appropriate for grades K-8. Each newsletter includes at least two book recommendations, one picture book and either a middle grades (3-5) or a YA book (grades 6 and up).
Questions? Email Michelle Lia firstname.lastname@example.org
- Balanced Literacy (pdf)
- Auditing your Reading Materials (pdf)
- Steps to Guided Reading (or meaningful smallgroup instruction) (pdf)
- How Do I Help Parents and Families to Help Students? (pdf)
- Giving Feedback (pdf)
- What are the Students Doing? What is the Teacher Doing? (pdf)
- How Classroom Structures Maximize Learning and Student Engagement (pdf)
- Welcome Back to School! (pdf)
- Vocabulary Instruction Part III: Other Ways to Assess and Practice (pdf)
- Vocabulary Instruction Part II: Practice (pdf)
- Reading Interventions (pdf)
- Free-Choice Reading (pdf)
Download your free copy:
- A Systems Approach to Developing Leadership Paths for Catholic Schools
- A Time to Renew - A synthesis of the Ignatian Roundtable Discussions
- Teacher Leadership: Leading Side by Side
- The Power of Collaborative Networks to Support Catholic School Inclusion
- Exceptional Learners White Paper One Spirit, One Body
- Ignatian Leadership Inventory
- Leading with Hope
Sullivan, D., & Pena, J. (2019) The NSBECS: The Foundation for Effective Catholic Principal Preparation. Journal of Catholic Education, 22 (1).
Neugebauer, S. & Lia, M. (2018) Relating, Bridging, and Building Knowledge: Improving Students’ Disciplinary Reading Motivation. Literacy Today, 35 (4).
Philippe, D., Hernandez-Melis, C., Fenning, P., Sears, K, Wesley, E., Lawrence, E., Boyle, M. (2017) A Content Analysis of Catholic School Written Discipline Policies. Journal of Catholic Education, 21(1).
Boyle, M. (2017) Supporting Students with Disabilities in Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools: A Catholic Higher Education Perspective. Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities.
Boyle, M. & Dosen, A. (2017) Preparing Seminarians to Work with Catholic Schools: A Content Analysis of the Curriculum. Journal of Catholic Education. 20 (2).
Lia, M. (2016) Using An Observation Coaching Checklist to Provide Feedback to Teachers. Journal of Catholic Education, 20 (1).
Morten, S. D., & Lawler, G. A. (2016) A Standards-based Approach to Catholic Principal Preparation: A Case Study. Journal of Catholic Education, 19 (3).
Boyle, M. J., & Hernandez, C. M. (2016) An Investigation of the Attitudes of Catholic School Principals towards the Inclusion of Students with Disabilities. Journal of Catholic Education, 20 (1)
Boyle, M. (2016) Introduction to the Focus Section: Preparing Leaders in Light of the Standards. Journal of Catholic Education, 19 (3).
Boyle, M., Haller, A., & Hunt, E. (2016) The Leadership Challenge: Preparing and Developing Catholic School Principals. Journal of Catholic Education. 19 (3)
Boyle, M. (2010) Developing and sustaining leaders for Catholic Schools: A summary of the conference proceedings of the second Catholic Higher Education Collaborative conference. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice. 14 (1)
Prayers and Inforgraphics
(click to download for free)
- God's Children
- American Novena
- Catholic Schools Week 2021 prayer written by Lee Hubbell
- God Knows You, God Loves You (based on Fr. Mike Schmitz's keynote at NCEA 2021)
- Pentecost "May we come to trust the Word of God..."
- Summer Prayer
- Back to School Prayer