We offer introductory weekend courses in negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and client counseling, and semester-long Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) overview courses, We also provide in-depth skills courses and opportunities to work with real people in a mediation session.
This curriculum supports the Dispute Resolution program's mission to help students:
- Gain skills in courses like Mediation Advocacy and Negotiation Seminar;
- Learn about international commercial arbitration;
- Represent real clients in mediation in the Advanced Mediation Advocacy Practicum;
- Serve as a mediator in the Mediation Certification and Courthouse Practicum;
- Practice skills at an ADR Externship;
- Compete on the Dispute Resolution team