Rooted in the Jesuit values and mission of the University, the Loyola University Chicago Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) aims to foster the study, debate, conversation, and discovery that help faculty, staff, students, and administrators focus on institutional goals, assess progress toward these outcomes, and decide how they might seek to shape the future. OIE carries out this mission as it:
- provides leadership and support to: develop and maintain an official integrated institution-wide clearinghouse of accurate data,
- fosters and builds capacity for ongoing assessment of student learning that is used to reflectively inform curriculum, teaching, and student services,
- manages and enhances a process of meaningful academic program review,
- promotes increased utilization of high quality evidence for continuous improvement in program quality and feasibility, and for institutional strategic planning,
- provides timely and accurate data to State and Federal agencies and to accreditation bodies.