Welcome to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE)—Loyola University Chicago’s official source for all academic and student affairs institutional reporting and research activities.
The OIE transforms data into information that supports academic and administrative decision making, strategic initiatives, policy formation, accreditation, and assessment.
Our mission is grounded in a steadfast and shared commitment to the learning outcomes of Loyola students and the larger mission of Loyola University Chicago to build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
To accomplish this mission, OIE performs the following functions:
- OIE conducts institutional research that serves University stakeholders and satisfies external reporting requirements for government and accreditation bodies;
- provides research consultation to the University community;
- initiates and conducts studies and surveys within the University community;
- coordinates the University’s participation in national studies of higher education; and
- coordinates with Enrollment Management to produce enrollment projections.
Assessment, Evaluation, and Accreditation Leadership
- OIE measures, describes, and documents institutional effectiveness and coordinates assessments, evaluations, and the accreditation process.
- OIE serves as the official clearinghouse for accurate and reliable university data;
- equips administrators with empirical data on an as-needed basis to inform decision making and policy formation;
- reports updated University information to annual college guides and ranking organizations;
- compares Loyola University Chicago to its peer institutions; and
- responds to internal and external ad hoc data requests.
Program and Student Learning Assessments
- OIE supports the campus community with ongoing evaluations of academic programming and assessments of student learning at the undergraduate and graduate levels.