The Corporate Practice Certificate* is designed to prepare students to work in areas of law that are important in the transaction of business, such as corporate maintenance, due diligence, contracts, commercial transactions, and regulatory compliance.
*Certificate applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Click here to learn more.
Corporate Practice Certificate in Paralegal Studies graduates will be able to:
- Prepare summaries of court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Develop legal arguments using court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Locate relevant legal sources from federal and state jurisdictions
- Apply paralegal and attorney code of ethics to situations typically encountered by paralegals
- Demonstrate intermediate competence using typical office software including word processing, spreadsheets, PDF’s
- Assist attorneys who work for corporate clients document the organization and operation of business entities.
- Retrieve information to conduct due diligence procedures for commercial and real estate transactions.
- Draft contract provisions and coordinate the administrative process for contracts.
- Help clients in regulated industries demonstrate compliance with government regulations.