Washington, D.C. Program
Spring 2020 early admission applications due JUNE 1st!
Tuesday, March 26
6:00 - 7:00PM
Cuneo Hall 104
Loyola's new Semester in Washington, D.C. Program is open to all Loyola undergraduate students with at least a junior standing. Students will maintain full-time status and be placed in a variety of internships from government, nonprofit, and international offices and organizations. The program runs during the fall and spring semesters. All courses will be taught by Loyola faculty. Students will be housed and take Loyola classes at the Washington Intern Student Housing. Please click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). For additional information, please contact Susan Dimock at email@example.com.
Internships range from Capitol Hill to nonprofits, think tanks, media organizations, advocacy groups and consulting firms. Past students interned with Senators Duckworth, Durbin, and Baldwin, Representatives Kelly, Quigley, Gutierrez and Davis, McAllister and Quinn, National Strategies, Brookings, the Supreme Court, and more.
To read what students say about the program:
And check us out on Facebook:
Benefits of the program
- Gain valuable professional experience and earn course credit while serving four days a week as a student intern in a host office in Washington, D.C.
- Enroll as a full-time student in classes taught by Loyola faculty.
- Experience life for an entire semester in the unique setting that is our nation’s capital: Washington, D.C.
- Internship practicum (Internship placement) will take place Monday through Thursday 9am - 6pm. (6 credit hours).
- Every Friday students will attend an internship seminar from 9-11:30 a.m. that will be taught by the program director (3 credit hours).
- Two additional courses will be taught on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evenings from 7-9:30 p.m. (6 credit hours).
- Tuition (15 credits) students will pay the tuition listed for their LUC home college / entering year
- Housing Fee (estimated) - $4,540 (does not include food)
- Program Fee - $1,000