Muslim Women Resource Center
*There are no fixed hours. Time is based on the convenience of the volunteer.
* They are really looking for volunteers for their after school program (Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM) to help the kids with their homework. However, other positions are available (passing out flyers, data entry, etc)
208 S. LaSalle Street. Suite 1818
Chicago, IL 60604
6328 N. California Avenue
Chicago, IL 60659
* There are two programs: the Literacy Program and the Youth Program. However, they are only looking for individuals that are willing to make a commitment.
Midwest Asian American Center (MAAC)
2534 W. Devon
Chicago, IL 60659- 2nd Floor
South East Asia Center
1124-1134 W. Ainslie St.
Chicago, IL 60640
* An after school program in which you help the kids with their homework. The age group ranges from first grade to eight grade.
2 North Riverside Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60606
*Two ways to get involved: 1) Sign up online individually or 2) Form a group and have one person become the leader in this group. Have them meet with the coordinator to set up a project that the group can work on.
* The time depends on the project and the availability of the volunteer. However, they request that once you have signed up for a particular project, you let the coordinator know if you cannot make it on any particular day.
The Northwest Neighborhood Federation
4924 W. Addison
Chicago, IL 60641
4753 N. Broadway, Suite 401
Chicago, IL 60640-4907
* They have a few programs, all of them depend on the availability of the individual. (1) Mentorship- for women and men. 6 month commitment for 2 hours a week. The volunteer is matched with the refugee. If you have a preference, you can let them know. (2) Tutoring- there are two types of tutoring: (a)-one on one [matched with a refugee youth and for 6 months 2 hours a week you go to their house to tutor]. (b)- after school tutoring [more structured in which for 6 months 2 hours a week you would tutor them]. (3) Citizenship Classes- Three months for two hours a week.
* If these options does not work for the individual, than they have the option to be put on their email list, and if any event does come up, in which they need a volunteer, they would be contacted. Also, there might be volunteer opportunities available with helping at the office.
4730 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60640
* Looking for volunteer tutors. They would volunteer MWF from 3:00PM to 5:30PM.
NJJC- Naaya Jeevan Jireh Center
(773) 716- 7690
6614 N. Fairfield Avenue
Chicago, IL 60645