Center for Student Assistance and Advocacy

REPORT A COVID-19 CASE: Students, faculty, and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 must report their case to the University as soon as possible by e-mailing COVID-19report@LUC.edu or by calling 773.508.7707. 


Report A Student Concern

Providing cura personalis through a university-wide coordinated effort

WELCOME TO THE CENTER FOR STUDENT ASSISTANCE AND ADVOCACY. As a centralized website for reporting student concerns, CSAA, led by the Office of the Dean of Students (DOS), provides support, coordination, case management, and resource referrals for student concerns across the university. To report a student concern, select the corresponding section to learn more and to submit a referral.


COVID-19 UPDATE: Our dedicated staff members are working remotely to support students, wherever they are. If you are a student who is in need of support, has questions about navigating the university during these challenging times, is in distress (or know a student who is), or is experiencing food and/or housing insecurity, please submit a referral through one of the reporting links on this page. In light of the coronavirus outbreak, all staff are working remotely and will be in touch with students and supporting them through e-mail, phone, and video-conferencing (e.g., Zoom) appointments. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or Loyola's Campus Safety at 773.508.SAFE (7233). For university updates related to COVID-19, please visit Loyola's Coronavirus/COVID-19 website.  



Equity & Title IX Concerns (Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct)

Use for: Reporting alleged or suspected gender-based or bias-motivated misconduct by any student, staff, or faculty member; reporting any discriminatory conduct by any University employee. Examples include reports of sexual assault, stalking, dating/domestic violence, and harassment/misconduct of any kind motivated by bias against a protected class such as race, religion, etc. Note: Reports may be submitted anonymously; reports will be assigned to one or more University investigators for follow-up.

Important note: To speak with a confidential Advocate who has been trained to assist with issues related to gender-based violence, visit Wellness Center's Advocacy Services

Contact: Samantha Maher Sheahan, Associate Dean of Students, Student Development.

Behavioral Concerns (BCT)

Use for: Referring students whose behavior presents a possible threat to the safety or well-being of oneself or others (examples include suicidal ideation, self-harm, violence or threats against others).

Important note: All reports will be addressed by a DOS staff member, but if a student is in crisis or imminent risk of harm, please call Campus Safety first (773.508.6039).

Primary contact: Amber Miller, M.Ed., LCPC, Assistant Dean of Students and BCT Case Manager, Office of the Dean of Students

Academic Concerns

Use for: Reporting concerns about academic performance, class attendance, or academic engagement.

Important note: Formerly known as "Early Academic Referral (EAR)." Academic Concerns referrals are routed to Student Academic Services (SAS) for review and coordination with academic services and academic advising staff within SAS and across the Colleges/Schools.

Primary contact: Betsi Burns, Director of Learning and Student Success, Division of Student Academic Services

Personal Concerns (CARE)

Use for: Referring students who may need general assistance overcoming serious personal difficulties, navigating University systems, or getting connected to available resources. Examples include: students experiencing grief or loss, struggling with general mental health concerns, or managing a personal financial emergency. Students are supported with Coordinated Assistance and Resource Education (CARE).

Important note: All referrals will be addressed by a DOS staff member, but if a student is in crisis or imminent risk of harm, please call Campus Safety first (773.508.6039).

Primary contact: Amber Miller, Interim CARE Case Manager

Student Conflict & Conduct Concerns

Use for: Reporting student conflict(s) and/or alleged student misconduct.

Important note: All reports will be reviewed by university staff and, where potential violations of the Community Standards are found, staff will follow up on the report. Although a person submitting a report is not required to provide any personal information, we highly recommend that you provide, at a minimum, an email address where you could be contacted. This is especially important if there are follow-up questions or responses that may be important or necessary. If a reporter fails to provide any identifying or contact information, it may limit the University's ability to look into or fully respond to a situation. The privacy of the person making a report, along with the contents of the complaint, will be maintained to the extent that the university conduct process allows.

Primary contact: Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR)

General Student Concerns

Use for: When you do not know where to refer a student concern.

Important note: All referrals will be addressed by a DOS staff member, but if a student is in crisis or imminent risk of harm, please call Campus Safety first at 773.508.SAFE (773.508.7233).

Primary contact: Office of the Dean of Students

Note: For confidential support related to gender-based violence, visit Wellness Center's Advocacy Services.

For more information about the Center for Student Assistance and Advocacy, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 773.508.8840 or deanofstudents@LUC.edu.