Loyola University > School of Law Alumni > Events > Alumni Awards & Recognition
Alumni Awards & Recognition
Alumni Awards Recipients Announced
On behalf of the Office of Alumni Relations, it is our privilege to honor the following outstanding individuals as our 2022 Alumni Awards recipients:
- Josie Gough (BA ’74, MEd ’78, JD ’84) | Medal of Excellence
- The Honorable Brian McKillip (BA '68, JD '72) | Distinguished Jurist Award
- Kathleen Vannucci (JD ’07) | St. Robert Bellarmine Award
- Laura Caldwell (JD '92) | Francis J. Rooney/St. Thomas More Award, presented posthumously
This year's celebration will take place on Saturday, October 1, at the JW Marriott in Chicago. To register for the celebration, please click here. Registration closes on September 23.
Sponsorship opportunities for the 2022 celebration are no longer available, please contact LawAlumniEvents@LUC.edu with any questions.
Submit A Nomination
Loyola's graduates have distinguished themselves in a variety of endeavors- in law, in business, government and public service. The annual awards ceremony recognizes the accomplishments and diverse backgrounds of our alumni who make not only professional contributions but serve their communities and Loyola mission.
All nominations will be considered and reviewed by the Office of Alumni Relations, School of Law administration, and the Law Alumni Board of Governors Nominations Committee.
The School of Law and the Board of Governors recognize recipients annually for the following awards:
- Distinguished Jurist Award
- Francis J. Rooney/St. Thomas More Award
- Medal of Excellence
- Public Service Merit Award
- St. Robert Bellarmine Award
If you would like to submit a nomination for our the annual Alumni Awards, you may do so by completing the online form, or emailing all of the following information in a single document to email@example.com by March 1, 2022:
- Class year and degree
- Award(s) they are nominated for
- A statement (no more than two pages) detailing why you believe this nominee should be considered for this award. The statement should answer the following questions as appropriate:
- What are your nominee's outstanding achievements that merit recognition by the Loyola law and alumni communities?
- How do those achievements fulfill the criteria of the award?
- What impact has your nominee had on the profession, service, or community in which he/she has been active?
- How has your nominee maintained his/her interest in, support of, and involvement with the School of Law since graduation? (Service to the law school is not a prerequisite for all awards, but your response will help in the decision-making process.)
- Has your nominee's work had an influence in the broader community beyond his/her sphere of vocational or volunteer achievement?
- Why is this the appropriate time in your nominee's life or career for this recognition to be awarded?
- Nominee Bio
- Your relationship to the nominee
- Any additional personal/professional characteristics and achievements that support this nomination
- Letters of support/recommendation from others who know your nominee and of his/her accomplishments (encouraged, but not required)
All nominations are confidential and will be reviewed and selected by the Office of Alumni Relations, Law Alumni Board of Governors Nominations Committee and Dean of the School of Law.
Recipients will be notified of their selection and presented with the award at the annual celebration and dinner.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law offers a variety of sponsorship opportunities in conjunction with its annual Law Alumni Awards celebration.
This ceremony recognizes distinguished Loyola law alumni and faculty for their outstanding service to the School of Law and the legal profession. Law firms, businesses, and alumni partners are invited to align with this prestigious awards dinner to gain maximum visibility and recognition through print and online event coverage.
Proceeds from the sponsorships will help to support student scholarships, programming, and new initiatives at the School of Law.
For information and details regarding sponsorship opportunities in conjunction with the 2022 Law Reunion and Alumni Awards Dinner, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Descriptions and Past Recipients
To learn more about each of the awards and to view a list of recipients honored by the School of Law, its Alumni Association, and various student organizations, please click here.
Past Award Recipient Videos
It was our privilege to honor the following outstanding individuals for excellence. To view the recipients' videos, please click the links below:
2021 Award Recipients
Michael J. Kaufman | Medal of Excellence
Zachary J. Ziliak (JD '06) | Francis J. Rooney/St. Thomas More Award
Michael Alkaraki (JD '06) | St. Robert Bellarmine Award
Chlece Walker-Neal-Murray (MSW ’13, JD ’13, MS ’18) | Public Service Merit Award
2020 Award Recipients
Jackie M. Taylor Holsten (JD '99) | Medal of Excellence
Romeo S. Quinto, Jr (JD '00) | Francis J. Rooney/St. Thomas More Award
Desiree F. Moore (JD '05) | St. Robert Bellarmine Award
The Honorable Lisette L. Shirdan-Harris (JD ’90) | Distinguished Jurist
2019 Award Recipients
Diane Geraghty | Medal of Excellence
Peter Carey (JD ’69) | Francis J. Rooney/St. Thomas More Award
Matthew Adair (JD ’09) | St. Robert Bellarmine Award
Leah Duckett Gray* (JD ’99) | Public Service Merit Award, presented posthumously