LU CHOICE - Loyola University Chicago Opportunities in Catholic Education Program
A program of Loyola University Chicago and an initiative of the Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education is for persons:
- Seeking to earn their master’s degree in teaching, with Illinois certification, in Elementary Education.
- Interested in completing the majority of their field experiences in a Catholic School in the city of Chicago.
- Wishing to participate in a spiritual formation program grounded in the Jesuit tradition.
A few goals of the program:
- Keep persons already in a Catholic school at the Catholic school.
- Keep persons from the community in the community.
- Provide a pathway to licensure for people already working in Catholic schools without it.
- Create a pipeline of well-trained teachers interested in teaching in Catholic Schools.
- Form the whole person, mind and spirit.