Faculty & Staff Profiles
Assistant Professor, Undergraduate Program Director, Healthcare Administration
Health Sciences Campus, Lake Shore Campus
I have taught ethics at Loyola since 2004 when I was one of the vowed Jesuits on campus. After many years as a Jesuit, I am now married with two elementary school-age boys. Much of my career outside academia has been creating quality and performance improvement within Federally Qualified Health Centers and hospice and palliative care companies. I consider myself a strong non-profit executive leader who loves to mentor students passionate about working for healthcare justice.
- Catholic health care
- Social justice
- End-of-life care
- Ethics of human spaceflight
- BS in Nursing, Fairfield University
- MA in Health Care Ethics, Loyola University Chicago
- MS in Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Dartmounth College
- D.BE in Bioethics, Loyola University Chicago
Being focused on health care justice is important to make sure that the patient's interests are never lost in the context of a multitude of external pressures.