Check Deposit Instructions
Please note that the required University Deposit Slip procedure is changing and only this form will be accepted at the Bursar Cashier Offices. The new form has equations in the Totals and Summary sections for ease of data entry so it is highly recommended that you use the form on-line when completing it.
The University Deposit Slip form will be used for deposits made at the Office of the Bursar. The form is divided into three sections for different tender types: (1) Checks, (2) Credit Cards, and (3) Currency & Coins. Each tender type should be summarized by valid Accounting Unit and valid Account combinations where the funds should be applied.
Note: Itemized Deposit Detail can ONLY be provided in the Deposit Description box or on a separate Itemized Deposit Detail form, whichever is most appropriate. While the Office of the Bursar does not require deposit detail, it should be provided for department/accounting records.
- Enter the Deposit Date, Contact Name, Department Name, and Contact Phone in the header portion of Deposit Slip form.
- Checks: should be summarized by Accounting Unit–Account combination to be credited. Each line must include a six digit accounting unit AND a four digit account. Enter the amount to be credited for each accounting line. Specific check detail can be listed ONLY in the Deposit Description box or on an Itemized Deposit Detail form.
- Credit Cards: should be summarized by Accounting Unit–Account combination to be credited. Each line must include a six digit accounting unit AND a four digit account. Enter the amount to be credited for each accounting line. Supporting documentation from Marketplace or receipts from swipe terminals should be included with the University Deposit Slip. Additional Itemized Deposit Detail is not required for Credit Cards.
- Currency & Coins: the quantity of each bill or coin value should be entered in this section. The equivalent dollar Amounts will automatically be calculated for you. Enter the accounting unit and account to be credited under the “Distribution of Currency & Coins” as well as each total amount per AU/Account. Total Currency & Coin must equal the Total Distributions for Currency & Coins. A variance will appear in red until these two amounts equal. Details can ONLY be listed in the Deposit Description box or on an Itemized Deposit Detail form.
- Enter a description for the deposit. If extra detail is needed, please ONLY utilize the Itemized Deposit Detail form.
- Obtain the depositor’s signature on the form.
- Print 2 copies of the University Deposit Slip.
- The Office of the Bursar will date-stamp the deposit slip and provide receipt numbers for each of the three types of tender. The signed and stamped forms will be scanned into DocFinity for Accounting and a copy of the deposit slip will be returned to the depositor.