- Avrushin, A. and Vidal de Haymes, M. (Forthcoming). Well-Being and Permanency: The Relevance of Child Welfare Principles for Children Who are Unaccompanied Immigrants. Child Welfare.
- Vidal de Haymes, M., O’Donoghue, Siobhan & Nguyen, Hien (Forthcoming). The Impact of Volunteering on Social Capital and Self and Collective Efficacy Among Low-income Mothers. Children & Schools.
- Vidal de Haymes, Maria & Avrushin, Adam & Coleman, Deidra. (2018). Educating unaccompanied immigrant children in Chicago, Illinois: A case study. Children and Youth Services Review 92,77-88. 10.1016/j.childyouth.2018.03.046.
- Vidal de Haymes, M., Avrushin, A. And Sanchez, C. (Forthcoming). Childhood Violence, and Displacement: Experiences of Unaccompanied Immigrant Children from the Perspective Human and Legal Providers in North and Central America. In Going it Alone: Unaccompanied Minors and the Ethics of Child Migration. Haker, H & Greening, M. (Eds.) New York: Lexington Books
- Hilado A.; Young Hong, P.; Vidal de Haymes, Marta Lundy. (2017). “Social support, acculturation, and financial stability among Mexican economic migrants.” In Migrant Workers, Qingwen, Xu (Ed.) Nova Science Publisher.