Practical Finance and Accounting for Family Business
Accounting and finance are the language of business, the scorecards that measure success and failure. In this program, you’ll discover a comprehensive approach to financial analysis to help you assess your organization’s financial decisions. You’ll receive a foundation in basic managerial finance, including terms such as valuation, financing, diversification, and capital structure. Plan to engage with adult learners from other family businesses using hands-on tools in a case analysis from a family business and simulations.
This custom program is designed for family members who are career professionals in business looking to improve their financial acumen and understanding of key finance and accounting practices. Experienced professionals will also find the program valuable, as the curriculum offers an opportunity to update skills, build confidence, and apply new knowledge.
- Develop comfort with the terms and techniques used in financial analysis
- Learn to confidently read and analyze corporate financial statements
- Evaluate an organization’s performance through hands-on financial analysis
- Acquire financial tools that will lead to more profitable decision making, to include risk management considerations
- Understand the role of capital budgeting to measure and manage growth opportunities
- Get an overview of valuation issues in Family Business
- Understand your own “meaning of money” and the psychology around it.
- Review of the responsible use of credit – personal and in business
- Importance of retirement planning –separate from the business
Session runs from 8:30a.m.-4:30p.m.
For a course consultation, please contact us at 312.915.6781 or email@example.com.