Blogs can be an excellent way to showcase your communication/writing style or connect with people discussing similar issues/topics. Blogs to include in your ePortfolio should be professionally or academically relevant, such as: a travelog from your study abroad experience, a blog kept during an internship/service-learning/research experience, a blog related to your professional industry, etc. Blogs should not be reflective or read like a journal, unless you find it relevant to your intended audience. If you would like to directly embed your blog into Taskstream, we recommend that you use Wordpress.
How to Make a WordPress Blog
- Login to TaskStream and select the Folio/WebPage you wish to edit.
- Select the section/tab where you would like to include the blog and insert a new Text & Image section using the toolbar at the bottom of your screen:
- Once you are in the Text & Image section where you want to embed the blog, you will need to click the “HTML/Source” button.
- Type or copy & paste the following HTML code into the source code section:
- The above section in RED will need to be changed with the URL for your site. Do not delete the quotation marks, those should remain part of the HTML code. Here is more information about each section:
- WEB ADDRESS: This is where you should enter the web address (URL) for the site you wish to include. Be sure to include the full address, starting with https://www. (make there is an 's' behind http so that it will show up on your Folio)
- HEIGHT & WIDTH: Depending on how you want the site to appear, you can change the height and width sections of the HTML code to make the site larger or smaller in your Folio/Web Page.
- Click "Save and Return" which will embed the site into your portfolio!