Where We Served
During the 2016-17 academic year:
- 2,930 students engaged in volunteer work through service-learning classes.
- 1,244 students completed academic internships.
- 25 students did research with a community organization.
- In total, Loyola students worked with 840 community partners in Chicago and beyond.
- Students provided approximately 183,000 hours of service to our communities.
- Using the Independent Sector's estimate of the value of volunteer hours (2016) of $25.95 per hour in Illinois, these efforts equal approximately $4,748,850 in goods and services.
The following map shows sites where Loyola students documented engagement through service-learning and academic internships during the 2016–17 academic year. Variable sized symbols indicate the number of students who served at each site. In some cases, entire classes partnered with specific organizations to complete one or more projects.