Fall Social Justice Series
Co-hosted by Loyola's Curt and Linda Rodin Center for Social Justice, The Center for Public Interest, and The Offices of Career Services and Alumni Relations, this series was designed to discuss an array of social justice issues that affect our communities.
Schedule & Topics:
- September 18: Criminal Justice Reform with Nadia Woods (3L) and Elissa Johnson (JD ’10) of FWD.us, a bipartisan political organization that believes America’s families, communities, and economy thrive when more individuals are able to achieve their full potential. VIEW
- September 25: Community-based Legal Services with Bobby Vanecko (3L) and Tanya Woods (JD '13) of the Westside Justice Center. VIEW
- October 2: Environmental Justice with Eli Woods (2L) and Andrew Bashi (JD ’12) of the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center.
- October 9: Juvenile Defense with Andy Froelich (3L) and Patrick Keenan-Devlin (JD ’12) of the Moran Center for Youth Advocacy. VIEW
- October 23: Voting Rights with Madison Heckel (3L) and David McKinney (JD '11) of the ACLU of Minnesota. REQUEST LINK
- October 30: Conflict Resolution - Chicago Police Reform with Kate Finch (3L) and Rae Kyritsi (JD ’12) of the Center for Conflict Resolution. VIEW
- November 4: Meet The Public Service Organizations:Community-Based Agencies with Gerald Polanco (JD '16) of Uptown People's Law Center; Chlece Neal (JD '13) of Chicago Advocate Legal NFP, Katherine Greenslade (JD '07) of The Resurrection Project and Laura Hardwicke (JD '92) from the Lawndale Christian Legal Clinic (this event was a part of a series Co-sponsored by the Chicago Area Law School Consortium) VIEW Passcode: DSa7rn2&:
- November 6: Immigration Law with Liliana Jimenez (2L) and Amanda Crews Slezak (JD '14) of the National Immigrant Justice Center VIEW
Summer Professional Development Series
Co-hosted by Loyola's offices of Career Services and Alumni Relations, this series discussed a wide variety of useful topics that are not typically covered during law school.
- June 16: Succeeding in Legal Research Beyond Law School with research faculty member and alumnus, Tom Keefe (JD '95). AUDIO SESSION
- June 23: Cannabis Law with Gregg Rzepczynski (BBA '84, JD '87) of Gregg Rzepczynski & Associates, Ltd. VIEW
- June 30: Block Chain Law with Zachary Ziliak (JD '06) of Ziliak Law VIEW
- July 7: The Business of Law with Mara Georges (JD '88) of Daley & Georges VIEW
- July 14: The Plaintiff's Bar: Mass, Class and Government Enforcement Actions with Eve-Lynn Rapp (JD '09) of Edelson PC VIEW
- July 16: Finding A Cure for COVID: Regulatory and IP Issues Webinar with Professors Cynthia Ho and Jordan Paradise VIEW
- July 21: Finding, Acquiring and Keeping Clients Happy with Furqan Mohammed (BS '08, JD '12) of Mohammed, Shamaileh & Tabahi, LLC VIEW
- July 28: Technology and the Law: What Every Law Student and Attorney Needs to Know with Geo Ballas (BS '71, JD '73) of Bellas & Wachowski Attorneys at Law VIEW
- August 27: Office of the Senate President - Virtual Info Session & Potential Employment Opportunities VIEW