Upcoming Campus Deadlines
In the spring 2016 semester we'll be working with five different major award competitions:
- the Goldwater Scholarship, for sophomores and juniors in STEM planning research careers;
- the Boren Scholarship, for undergraduates planning to study abroad outside of Western Europe;
- the Truman Scholarship, for juniors planning a career in public service;
- the Udall Scholarship, for sophomores and juniors planning a career in the environment; and
- the Gilman Scholarship. for undergraduates who hold Pell Grants and plan to study abroad.
Most of these awards have campus deadlines in January and February, ahead of final deadlines. If you are interested in applying, you should check each scholarship's website to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and mission of the award. Then, you need to watch the Fellowship Office PowerPoint presentation for that scholarship to understand the campus nomination process, if any. It's also a good idea to review our ethics policy, which includes students' responsibility in the application process.
Once you have looked at the scholarship's website and the PowerPoint presentation, please contact us to let us know of your interest.
To your left you'll see our list of Current Award Competitions. While it is not comprehensive, it will give you a good idea of what major fellowships are currently open. To your right you'll see our Calendar, which includes both campus deadlines and final deadlines for major scholarships.
If you decide to apply for one or more of these scholarships, please contact us, and we will work with you toward that award's deadline.