Mission, Values, and Goals
The Loyola Retiree Association of Loyola University of Chicago is committed to developing and continuing alliances within the University Community to expand knowledge in the service of humanity through learning, justice and faith. The Association focuses on collaborating with departments, schools and the university to create and enhance teaching, research and service.
The Loyola Retiree Association embraces the Vision of Loyola University Chicago and assists students, faculty and administrators as they strive to serve humanity. The Group values freedom of inquiry, the pursuit of truth and care of others and embraces a commitment to excellence, service that promotes social justice, values based leadership and global awareness.
- Teaching existing or new courses and/or serving as a visiting lecturer in an areas of expertise
- Providing coaching and mentorship to students and junior faculty and soon to be retired faculty
- Participating on research teams, including initiating or contributing to research projects and applying for internal and external grants
- Serving on appropriate University committees, including thesis and dissertation committees
- Creating conferences for the Loyola community as well as continuing education opportunities for the community at large
- Contribute to the University’s global initiatives by expanding the network of global affiliates
- Connecting emeriti faculty with one another and linking them to the University and to University events
- Assisting in documenting University, School and Department histories
- Engaging with Advancement in reaching potential donors to the University