Loyola University Army ROTC is one of the Nation’s most sought after Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) programs. As the Host Battalion, several universities are partnered with our program; these include Northwestern, North Park, DePaul, and Northeastern Illinois University. Annually, we receive hundreds of contacts about scholarship opportunities.
Only the most qualified and dedicated of applicants will secure a scholarship commitment from our programs. As such, we are proud to offer a wide range scholarship options to meet the unique demands of our diverse student base. Our Cadre offers expert advice in assessing your scholarship opportunity and in preparing you towards accomplishing your goal.
Whether you choose to pursue the United States Army Reserve, Army National Guard, Army Nursing Corps or an Active Commission, we have a scholarship option that can meet your individual service desires.
The cost of a college education is escalating all the time. To help you meet these rising costs, Army ROTC offers two to four year scholarships, awarded strictly on merit, to the most outstanding students who apply. These scholarships pay:
- 100% Tuition or full room & board;
- Monthly Stipend of $420 per school year
- $1,200.00 per year for books.
Once contracted and on scholarship, cadets who attend Loyola University Chicago receive free tuition, free on-campus housing, and free university meals. Cadets attending DePaul University will receive $7,500 per school year for room and board, regardless of housing being on or off campus.
Illinois State Tuition Waiver
Cadets who attend Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) may qualify for an Illinois State Tuition Waiver. This waiver exempts NEIU students from paying base tuition at the university. The waiver does not cover fees, room and board, meal plans, medical insurance, and other associated college expenses. NEIU students who are interested in applying for the tuition waiver must meet a basic set of criteria. NEIU students who accept the state tuition waiver do not incur any military service obligations. More information about NEIU's Illinois State Tuition Waiver can be found below.
Two to Four-Year Scholarships
You may be eligible for a two, three, or four-year scholarship if you are preparing to enter college as a freshman and meet the following qualifications/requirements:
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Be 17 years old before the scholarship is effective;
- Have good high school grades;
- Participate in leadership, extracurricular and athletic activities;
- (Students with part-time jobs will be given substitute credit.)
- Be under 27 years old on June 30 of the year you expect to graduate and receive your commission as an officer;
- (An age extension of up to three years may be granted to veterans who qualify)
- Be a high school graduate or have equivalent credit;
- Pursue an Army-approved academic major;
- Agree to accept a commission as either a Regular Army, Army National Guard or U.S. Army Reserve officer;
- Meet required physical standards;
- Are medically qualified for military service.
- (students will undergo a medical qualification process to determine eligibility)
Selection of winners is based on:
- College GPA (if applicable);
- School officials’ evaluations;
- Extracurricular, leadership, and athletic activities;
- A personal interview;
- Army Physical Fitness Test scores;
- The results of the medical qualification process.
IL State Tuition Waiver (For NEIU students only)
Green to Gold
High School Students