Mission and Vision
We are Chicago's Jesuit, Catholic University-a diverse community seeking God in all things and working to expand knowledge in the service of humanity through learning, justice and faith.
Loyola University Chicago is the school of choice for those who wish to seek new knowledge in the service of humanity in a world-renowned urban center as members of a diverse learning community that values freedom of inquiry, the pursuit of truth and care for others.
Preparing People to Lead Extraordinary Lives.
Five Characteristics of a Jesuit Education
- Commitment to excellence: Applying well-learned lessons and skills to achieve new ideas, better solutions and vital answers
- Faith in God and the religious experience: Promoting well-formed and strongly held beliefs in one's faith tradition to deepen others' relationships with God
- Service that promotes justice: Using learning and leadership in openhanded and generous ways to ensure freedom of inquiry, the pursuit of truth and care for others
- Values-based leadership: Ensuring a consistent focus on personal integrity, ethical behavior in business and in all professions, and the appropriate balance between justice and fairness
- Global awareness: Demonstrating an understanding that the world's people and societies are interrelated and interdependent