Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee (PHPAC)
Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee (PHPAC) Application is Now Open!
The Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee (PHPAC) is designed to support and advise students as they prepare their applications for medical and dental school. The PHPAC application for the 2025 medical and dental school application cycle is now open! The application will close on January 7th, 2024 at 11:59pm.
PHPAC Application Information
*The PHPAC application will NOT require letters of recommendation.
A complete PHPAC application will include:
- Basic identifying information
- A self-reflective essay
- Answers to additional questions required by the committee to help us understand your preparedness to apply for medical or dental school
Requirements for PHPAC Eligibility
- 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher at the time your application is submitted
- Intent to apply for medical (allopathic and osteopathic) or dental school in the 2025 application cycle (med school application submissions begin June 1st, 2024)
- Intent to take the MCAT or DAT by or before May 1st 2024
- If you have already participated and withdrawn from PHPAC more than once in the past, you will need to consult with a member of the pre-health team and be granted approval to participate before applying to PHPAC (email email@example.com)
Sign-up for a PHPAC Information Session to learn more!
PHPAC Information Session, Tuesday, November 28th from 12-1pm
PHPAC Information Session, Friday, December 1st from 12-1pm
*A recorded info session will be made available for those who cannot participate live
PHPAC Deliverables and Timeline
More details to come!
Re-Applicant Committee Registration
Re-applicants, or students who have already submitted an application to a professional school database (regardless of how far you went in the process), will follow a separate PHPAC cycle than new applicants. New applicants apply in fall and complete a 6 month process while the re-applicants will solely register for a committee letter packet in late spring 2024 for a 2025 matriculation. Re-applicants can apply in fall or spring and will not have to adhere to our PHPAC deliverable deadlines, but they will need to provide letters of recommendation to our committee by a specific deadline.
General PHPAC Information
The Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee (PHPAC) process supports students and alumni personally, academically, and on their professional orientation when applying to health professions schools. The committee cycle extends from January 2024 (spring semester) through the following summer (2024).
Re-applicants are students and alumni who are participating in the applicant process after having submitted a medical or dental school application (via AADSAS, AMCAS, AACOMAS, and/or TMDSAS) in a prior cycle, whether or not they have requested a Committee Letter or Letter Packet from Loyola or any other school.
Please continue to review our webpage for updated dates and deadlines for registration for the next PHPAC process.