Office #: Schreiber 726
Dr. Reilly’s research interests address a broad range of organizational change issues as well as gender & careers and teaching methods. Her work has been widely published in both scholarly and practitioner journals. Dr. Reilly has taught undergraduate, honors, graduate, executive MBA, and professional education courses at Quinlan and, in May 2021, she was honored to received Loyola's Ignatius Award for Excellence in Teaching. In addition to her teaching and research responsibilities, Dr. Reilly served for over six years in administrative positions, including Associate Dean at Quinlan (twice) and Assistant Provost for Faculty Administration. She received the Quinlan Dean's Service Award in 2020. Her current research focuses on sustainability leadership in corporations.
- PhD, Organizational Behavior, Northwestern University (Kellogg)
- MBA, Finance, The University of Iowa (Tippie)
- BA, Economics and Business Administration, Knox College, summa cum laude
- Organizational change
- Gender & careers
- Teaching methods
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Academy of Management
- Organizational Behavior Teaching Society
- Ad Hoc Journal Reviewer for multiple peer-reviewed journals, including Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Organization & Environment, and Journal of Management Education:
- Book & textbook Reviewer for: Pearson, Wiley, SAge, McGraw Hill-Irwin, Routledge, Prentice-Hall, South-Western
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Change and Development
- International Management (John Felice Rome Center, Beijing Center, Santiago)
- Organizational Change and Development
- Managing People and Organizations
- Honors Research Practicum
- Loyola's Ignatius Loyola Award for Excellence in Teaching, May 2021
- Quinlan Dean's Service Award, April 2020
- Gannon Center for Women & Leadership Faculty Fellow, Spring 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1978; Beta Gamma Sigma, 1980; Phi Beta Delta, 2003
- Loyola Quinlan School of Business Outstanding Faculty Member, 1989-90
- Organizational Behavior Teaching Society Honor Roll, 2001
- Marquis Who's Who in American Education, 2006, Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World, 2007
Reilly, A.H. & Larya, N. (2018). "External Communication about Sustainability: Corporate Social Responsibility Reports and Social Media Activity," Environmental Communication, 12:5
Reilly, A. H. (2017). Management Student Learning Through Reflective Practice: Three Brief Exercises. Management Teaching Review (Sage).
Reilly, A. H., Mc Grath, M. A., Reilly, K. A. (2016). Beyond ‘Innocents Abroad’: Examining Sustainability Issues during International Study Trips. Journal of Technology Management & Innovation, 11(4), 29-37.
Barrientos, E. & Reilly, A.H. (2016). “Unpacking ‘Give Back Box:’ A Social Enterprise at the Intersection of Leadership, Innovation, and Sustainability.” Journal of Technology Management & Innovation, 11(1), 48-54.
Reilly, A.H. & Hynan, K.A. (2014). “Corporate Communication, Sustainability, and Social Media—It’s Not Easy (Really) Being Green.” Business Horizons, 57(6), 747-758.
Invited Book Chapters
Reilly, A. H. (2020). "Sustainability Leadership: Innovation in Governance and Gender," in Gianiodes, P. (ed.), Business Sustainability, Ethics, and Entrepreneurship: Environmental Entrepreneurship, volume 2, World Scientific Publishing, forthcoming.
Reilly, A.H. (2019). "Social Media, Sustainability, and Organizations, " in Goldstein, M. & DellaSala, D. (eds)., Encyclopedia of the World's Biomes, volume 10.20 Anthromes II: Sustainability in Concept and Practice. Elsevier.
Presentation of Refereed Papers
Reilly, A.H. (2021). "Using Ignatian Pedagogy towards Developing a Safe Space for Learning," Paper presented at the 26th annual IAJBS World Forum/Colleagues in Jesuit Business Education Conference, July 2021 (virtual format)
Reilly, A.H. (2020). "Social Media as a Change Management Tool for Sustainability," Paper presented at the 20th annual International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change in Organizations, University of Illinois Chicago (May 2020; virtual format due to COVID-19 pandemic).
Reilly, A.H., Braaatz, M., Chudzinski, A., & Cabada, D. (2018). "Innovation in Sustainability Leadership: Governance and Gender Diversity," Paper presented at the 24th annual IAJBS World Forum, Seattle University, July 2018.
Reilly, A.H. (2018). "Corporate Sustainability in Action: Governance and Gender," Paper presented at 2018 EURAM Conference, Reykjavik, June 2018
Reilly, A.H. (2016). “The Evolving Role of the Chief Sustainability Officer: Responsibilities, Attributes & Impacts.” Paper presented at the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management’s 5th annual Talent Management Conference, Copenhagen Business School, October 2016.
Reilly, A. H. (2016). Developing Principled Leaders, One Student At A Time: Applying Ignatian Pedagogy to Faculty-Student Mentoring. Paper presented at the 19th annual Colleagues in Jesuit Business Education (CJBE) conference, Le Moyne College, Syracuse, NY, July 2016
Other Intellectual Contributions
Reilly, A. H. (2017). Elsesser, K. "Sex & the Office: Women, Men, & the Sex Partition That's Dividing the Workplace."