Faculty and Staff
Title/s: Associate Professor
Office #: Schreiber 403
Professor Kaefer is an Associate Professor in Loyola University Chicago’s Quinlan School of Business. His research interests are in Computer Networking, Data Analysis, and Network Security. He has served as the Director of the Master of Science in Information Systems Management (MSISM) program and has been honored by the Quinlan School of Business as the Outstanding Graduate School of Business Faculty Member of the Year.
- PhD Management Information Systems, University of Iowa, 1995
- MBA Finance and Management Information Systems, Loyola University Chicago, 1990
- BS Mathematics and Computer Science, Loyola University Chicago, 1986
- The planning and use of communication systems
- Wireless communication technologies
- Network security
- Neural networks
- Decision support systems
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Institute for Management Science and Operations Research (INFORMS)
- Chicago Industrial Communications Association (CICA)
- Research and Education Group in Information Systems (REGIS)
Referee for the following journals:
- INFORMS Journal on Computing
- Telecommunications Systems
- European Journal of Operational Research
- ISSCM 241, Business Statistics
- INFS 247, Business Information Systems
- INFS 347, Systems Analysis and Design
- INFS 398, Telecommunications for Managers
- INFS 397, VBA Programming with MS Office
- INFS 496, Systems Analysis and Design
- INFS 498, Telecommunications for Managers
- INFS 590, Global Business Strategy and IT
- INFS 591, International Telecommunications
- ISSCM 691, Principles of Programming
- ISSCM 793, Network Management
- INFS 600, Emerging Telecommunications Technologies
- Loyola University Chicago Quinlan School of Business "The Top Fifteen MBA Faculty"
- Loyola University Chicago Water Tower Student Association (WTSA) faculty member of the year
- Loyola University Chicago Quinlan School of Business Summer Research Grant award recipient
Fritz, J., Kaefer, F. (2017). The Rise of the Mega Breach and What Can Be Done About It. Journal of Applied Security Research, 12(3), 392-406.
Harris, D. A., F. Kaefer, L. Salchenberger. "The Development of Dynamic Capabilities through Organizational and Managerial Processes." International Journal of Business Environment. 5.4 (2013). 398-412.
Kaefer, F., C.M. Heilman, S.D. Ramenofsky. "Differences in the Spending of Husbands and Wives on Products Used by Only One Spouse." Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. 20.3 (2012). 307-317.
Kaefer, F., C.M. Heilman, S.D. Ramenofsky. "The impact of a wife's budgetary and romantic attitudes towards luxury goods on their self-purchases and purchases made for them by their husbands." Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 19.3 (2012). 297-303.
Kaefer, F., K. Lambrecht, & S. Ramenofsky. "Sportscape Factors Influencing Spectator Attendance and Satisfaction at a Profesional Golf Association Tournament." Sport Marketing Quarterly. 18.2 (2009). 165-172.
Kaefer, F., S.D. Ramenofsky, C. Heilman. "A Neural Network Application to Consumer Classification to Improve the Timing of Direct Marketing Activities." Computers & Operations Research, 32.10 (2005). 2595-2615.
Kaefer, F., K. Lambrecht, S.D. Ramenofsky. "Sportscape Factors Influencing Spectator Satisfaction: A case study in professional golf." North American Society for Sport Management Conference (NASSM). (2009).
Presentation of Refereed Papers
Harris, D., F. Kaefer, & L. Salchenberger. " The Development of Dynamic Capabilities Through Organizational and Managerial Processes." Strategic Management Society 30th Annual International Conference. Rome, Italy. September 2010.
Kaefer, F., D. Harris, L. Salchenberger. "A Framework for Organizational Learning and Knowledge Alignment between Business and Information Technology." Organization Science Winter Conference. Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 2009.
Kaefer, F., K. Lambrecht, S. Ramenofsky. "Sportscape Factors Influencing Spectator Satisfaction: A case study in professional golf." North American Society for Sport Management Conference (NASSM). Columbia, South Carolina. 2009.
Kaefer, F. "Designing Wireless Local Area Networks with Security Considerations." INFORMS Annual Meeting Seattle. Seattle, Washington. 2007.
Kaefer, F., C. Heilman, S. Ramenofsky. "A neural network application to consumer classification to improve the timing of direct marketing activities." School of Business Administration Research Showcase. Chicago, Illinois. 2006.
Kaefer, F., C. Heilman, S. Ramenofsky. "Luxury Good Expenditures of Husband and Wife Dyads Incorporating User Attitudes." Association for Consumer Research (ACR) Conference. 2006.
Kaefer, F. "Locating Access Points to Support Voice over Wireless Local Area Networks." INFORMS Conference. Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. 2006.