Faculty and Staff
Title/s: Adjunct Instructor
Mr. Wemhoff has over four decades of direct experience as a practitioner in all aspects of finance, from both the banking and the corporate sides. His background includes corporate credit facilities of all types, as well as public and private debt capital markets; corporate treasury and liquidity management; capital structure planning; international banking, including foreign exchange and export finance; and valuations of companies. He has been successful in building organizations and business lines; in managing complex large corporate banking relationships; and in cross-selling non-credit products and services.
- Diploma from the Stonier Graduate School of Banking—sponsored by the American Bankers Association—at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, in May, 1982. Thesis was entitled Optimal Dividend Policies for Commercial Banks.
- Master of Business Administration Degree from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, in June, 1972, majoring in Finance, International, and Transportation.
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree,with highest honors, from The University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, in January, 1971, majoring in Finance and Business Economics.
Areas of Expertise
- Capital markets—debt and equity
- Cash management
- Commercial banking
- Corporate treasury
- Cost of capital
- Dividends and dividend policy
- Foreign exchange
- Interest rates and Federal policy
- International finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Multinational corporations
- Syndicated bank loans
- Valuations of companies
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Beta Gamma Sigma, business fraternity
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA). May, 1988, certificate #48212, maintained by The Illinois Board of Examiners.
- Certified Cash Manager (CCM). Permanent certification in 1996 by the Association of Financial Professionals.
- Business Finance 332 to undergraduates
- Business Finance 301 to undergraduates
- Business Finance and Writing 301.20W to undergraduates
- Managerial Finance 450 to MBA students
"The Band Commitment Fee: An Alternative to Loan Commitment Practice" in The Journal of Commercial Bank Lending, Volume 66, Number 3
"The Long-Term Currency Swap" in The Management of Foreign Exchange Risk by Euromoney Publications