Faculty and Staff
Office #: Schreiber 402
Dr. Jukić has been teaching undergraduate, graduate, and executive and professional education classes at the Quinlan School of Business since 1999 in the areas of databases, data warehousing, business intelligence, computer programming, business computer applications, and health care information systems. Dr. Jukić was named Loyola’s Faculty Member of the Year in 2014. He was also named Quinlan’s Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher of the Year for 2014, and has twice been recognized as Quinlan’s top researcher. Dr. Jukić conducts research in various information management–related areas, including database modeling and management, data warehousing, business intelligence, data mining, business analytics, Big Data, e-business, and IT strategy.
- PhD Computer Science, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, May 1997
- MS Computer Science, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, December 1993
- BS Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, January 1991
- Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing
- Database Systems (Modeling, Implementation, Integration, Access Control, Query Processing)
- Data Mining
- IS Management and Strategy
- IS Education
- E-Business, E-Commerce, M-Commerce
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Associate Editor For Decision Support Systems
- Reviewer for a number of IS and CS related journals and conferences
- INFS 796: Data Warehousing
- INFS 492: Database Systems
- INFS 346: Database and Business Intelligence Systems
- INFS 247: Business Information Systems
- HCMT 510: Health Care Information Systems
- INFS 499: Independent Study in Information Systems
- HRIR 452: Human Resource Information Systems
- INFS 604E: Business Data Analytics Infrastructure
- INFS 791: Object Oriented Programming Using C++
- INFS 355: Object Oriented Programming Using C++
- Business Intelligence Executive Overview
- Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence Executive Certificate
- BEIJING INTERNATIONAL MBA PROGRAM - MIS Module
- Loyola University Chicago, Faculty Member of the Year, 2014
- Loyola University Chicago, Quinlan School of Business: Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Undergraduate Programs 2014
- Loyola University Chicago, Quinlan School of Business: Researcher of the Year, 2005, 2012
- Loyola University Chicago, Quinlan School of Business: Graduate Programs Faculty Member of the Year, 2008
- Loyola University Chicago, Quinlan School of Business: Faculty Support Grant for Research and Innovations in Teaching, 2008, 2009
- Loyola University Chicago: Summer Stipend Award, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 201, 2015
- Teradata University Network - TUN Educator Award, 2003
- Loyola University Chicago, Quinlan School of Business: Teaching Excellence Committee Course/Curriculum Innovation Award, 2002
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU): Member of the LAAP (Learning Anytime Anywhere Partnerships) Project (AJCU and IBM T.J. Watson Research Center Collaboration), U.S. Department of Education Grant, 2000 - 2002
- Loyola University Chicago, Quinlan School of Business: Summer Research Grant- 2000, 2001, 2002
- The University of Alabama, College of Engineering: Outstanding Dissertation Award, 1998
- Rotary International: Spain-Hickman Rotary International Scholarship Award, 1996
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon National CS Honor Society: National Microsoft Scholarship Award, 1995
Jukic, N., S. Vrbsky, S. Nestorov. Introduction to Databases and Data Warehouses, Prentice Hall (2013). 375.
Nestorov, S., B. Jukic, N. Jukic, A. Sharma, R. Sippo. "Generating Insights through Data Preparation, Visualization, and Analysis: Framework for Combining Clustering and Data Visualization Techniques for Low-Cardinality Sequential Data." Decision Support Systems (2019) 125.
Nestorov, S., N. Jukic, R. Sippo. "Design and Implementation of a Data Visualization Course with a Real-World Component in an Undergraduate Information Systems Curriculum." Journal of Information Systems Education 30.3 (2019) 202-211.
Jukic, N., Sharma, A., Jukic, B., Nestorov, S. E., Arnold, B. K. (2017). "Expediting Analytical Databases with Columnar Approach." Decision Support Systems, 95, 61-81.
Varma, A., Jukic, N., Pestek, A., Shultz, C. J., Nestorov, S. E. "Airbnb: Exciting innovation or passing fad?" Tourism Management Perspectives. 20 (2016). 228-237.
Jukic, N., A. Sharma, S. Nestorov, B. Jukic. "Augmenting Data Warehouses with Big Data." Information Systems Management. 32.3 (2015). 200-209.
Jukic, B., N. Jukic. "Modeling-Centered Data Warehousing Learning - Methods, Concepts and Resources." International Journal of Business Intelligence Research, 3.4 (2012). 74-95.
Jukic, B., N. Jukic, D. Harris. "Feasibility Frontier - A Method for Aligning Competitive Strategy with the Choice of IT Architectures." Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 21.2 (2011). 158-175.
Jukic, N., S. Nestorov, M. Velasco, J. Eddington. "Uncovering Actionable Knowledge in Corporate Data with Qualified Association Rules." International Journal of Business Intelligence Research, 2.2 (2011). 1-21.
Jukic, B., N. Jukic. "Information System Planning and Decision Making Framework: A Case Study." Information Systems Management, 27.1 (2010). 61-71.
Jukic, N., S. Nestorov. "Comprehensive Data Warehouse Exploration with Qualified Association-Rule Mining." Decision Support Systems, 42.2 (2006). 859-878.
Jukic, N. "Data Modeling Strategies and Alternatives for Data Warehousing Projects." Communications of the ACM, 49.4 (2006). 83-88.