Valuable lessons have been learned from recent tragic events at other universities. Important information about students is often housed in isolated areas and isn't connected until a tragedy strikes. The BCT will give faculty, staff and students one place to report their concerns about a student's behavior. Campus Safety should always be called first if it is an emergency. The BCT serves as the centralized coordinated body for discussion and action regarding students exhibiting suicidal, self-injurious and other behaviors which might pose a threat to students and/or others in the University community.
The BCT is chaired by the Dean of Students. Additional members of the core group include a representative from:
- Wellness Center
- Residence Life
- Campus Ministry
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Office of First-Year Experience
- Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution
- Campus Safety
To contact the BCT, you can call (773) 508-8300 or fill out a referral form.
Please contact the BCT in the following student situations:
- Personal safety is a concern
- A student's behavior indicates acute personal distress
- There is a pattern of disruptive or disturbing behavior
- Alcohol, drug violations or other incidents necessitate a hospital transport