|When||Saturday, April 18, 2015 – 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Where||Quinlan Life Sciences Building (LSB) & Palm Court- Mundelein Center(PC), Lake Shore Campus|
Official Call for Abstracts
The Graduate School and the Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) will host its 8th Annual Research Symposium as a forum for Loyola Graduate School students to present their scholarly work. The goal of the Symposium is to provide graduate students an opportunity to share their research while engaging with those from other disciplines. The Symposium provides participants with an appreciation for the broad diversity of scholarly research that Loyola Graduate School students have accomplished. Submission Deadline: Friday, February 27, 2015.
The Symposium theme is Methodological Explorations. We invite students to display their research based on the methodology of their project. Methodology is referred to broadly, and may represent research design, analytic strategy, data collection method, data type, and so forth.
|Projects may be described as (but are not limited to) any of the following categories:|
Randomized Control Trial
Any current graduate student within the Graduate School is welcomed to submit.
Present your work in the form of either as a paper presentation or as a poster presentation.
Monetary awards will be given to the top paper presenters and poster presenters in each determined category.
- Gain valuable presentation experience in a supportive environment.
- Display you research work to peers and faculty.
- Network and connect with colleagues and faculty from various disciplines.
- Add to your CV or Resume.
- Win a monetary award.
Please include the following in an electronic Word document:
- Cover page with:
- First and Last Names
- Loyola ID number
- email address
- year in program
- research mentor/adviser (if applicable)
- Which format you plan to present: paper or poster
- Which methodological category best exemplifies your research (see above categories listed). Describe in a one sentence explanation for each category (paper and poster panels will be composed based upon these categories).
- Maximum of 250 words and include: authors, title, introduction, methods, results, conclusions (feel free to add other sections)
- Biography between 50-100 words.
Submissions are due Friday, February 27, 2015 at 5:00 pm. Please submit an electronic Word document to the Research Symposium Committee at GSAC@luc.edu.
If you have any questions, please contact the Research Symposium Committee at GSAC@luc.edu.
The Graduate School Interdisciplinary Research Symposium is part of the University wide annual Weekend of Excellence activities. For more information about Weekend of Excellence, please visit LUC.EDU/excellenceweekend.