7th Annual Research Symposium
Official Call for Abstracts
The Graduate School and the Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) will host its 7th Annual Research Symposium on as a forum for Loyola Graduate School students to present their scholarly work. The goal of the Symposium is to provide graduate students an opportunity to share their research while engaging with those from other disciplines. The Symposium provides participants with an appreciation for the broad diversity of scholarly research that Loyola Graduate School students have accomplished. The submission deadline is Friday, February 28, 2014.
The year’s Symposium theme is Methodological Explorations. We invite students to display their research based on the methodology of their project. Methodology is referred to broadly, and may represent research design, analytic strategy, data collection method, data type, and so forth. Projects may be described as (but are not limited to) any of the following:
Randomized Control Trial
Any current graduate student within the Graduate School is welcomed to submit.
Present your work in the form of either as a paper presentation or as a poster presentation.
Monetary awards will be given to the top paper presenters and poster presenters in each determined category.
- Gain valuable presentation experience in a supportive environment!
- Display you research work to peers and faculty!
- Network and connect with colleagues and faculty from various disciplines!
- Add to your CV!
- Win a monetary award!
- Please include the following in a Word document:
- Name, email, department, program, year in program, research mentor/adviser (if applicable)
- Whether you are submitting to present an oral presentation or poster
- Which of the above 3-5 categories you think best exemplifies your research with a one sentence explanation for each (paper and poster panels will be composed based upon these categories)
- Should be a maximum of 250 words and include: authors, title, introduction, methods, results, conclusions (feel free to add other sections)
- Should be written using keywords that broadly describe the research, making it understandable to individuals not familiar with the discipline
- Brief bio of 50-100 words
Submissions are due Friday, February 28, 2014 at 5:00pm. Please submit an electronic Word document to the Research Symposium Committee at GSAC@luc.edu.
If you have any questions, please contact the Interdisciplinary Research Symposium Committee at GSAC@luc.edu.
The Graduate School Interdisciplinary Research Symposium is part of the University wide annual Weekend of Excellence activities: LUC.EDU/excellenceweekend.