Student Worker Manager Updates
The Student Employment Program has evolved, our students are able to work in three different modalities. The modalities are on-site, remote, and hybrid. It is up to the manager to decide which modality is the best suited for their organization and student employees.
Dates, Deadlines, and Reminders for Hiring Managers and Mentors of Student Employees On-Campus (Work-Study and Non Work-Study), as well as Community Service Work-Study positions (off campus).
- July 17, 2023: The first day new freshmen and transfer students can access handshake and apply for jobs
- August 2023: Check with Financial Aid Office regarding the first day of the new Financial Aid year and the first day work-study funds may be used to pay students
- The academic year begins on August, 28, 2023
- Jobs are posted on Handshake
- Employers can participate in the Job, Internship, and Service Fair
- Employers can request to table via Handshake
- Freshmen First Initiative: Please consider holding about 10% of your student positions for freshmen and/or transfer students. You can do this by delaying your recruiting until on or after August 1 which gives these new Ramblers a chance to find great work!