Loyola University > Center for Engaged Learning, Teaching, and Scholarship (CELTS) > Programs > Learning Portfolio Program > Learning Portfolio Gallery
Learning Portfolio Gallery
A learning portfolio is a digital collection of student work, reflections, and educational experiences that demonstrate a student’s work over time, showcasing skills, abilities, values, and experiences.
The learning portfolio gallery represents the four types of portfolios at Loyola Chicago:
Learning Portfolios can be a powerful catalyst for integrative learning and holistic development as well as a tool for self-branding and professional development.
Portfolios featured in the 2020-2021 CEL Impact Report
Alex Harman (Password: EXPL 390)
Learning Portfolios can:
- Encourage engagement in active reflection and meaning-making
- Foster reflection on the principles central to an academic discipline and the university as a whole
- Facilitate the integration of topics and themes across disciplines and over time
- Provide a forum to synthesize work and share that work with others
- Contribute to holistic development in multiple ways, including personal development, academic development, and career development
- Provide a resource for demonstrating skills, abilities, and experiences in the job-search process