Loyola University > Center for Engaged Learning, Teaching, and Scholarship (CELTS) > Resources > For Faculty and Staff > Engaged Teaching & Learning Faculty Funding
Engaged Teaching & Learning Faculty Funding
In order to better support Engaged Learning courses and the instructors who choose to teach them, faculty may apply for up to $500 per semester from the Center for Engaged Learning, Teaching, & Scholarship (CELTS) for their Engaged Learning class(es) to better connect with and learn from the community. Faculty are encouraged to be creative in determining how these funds may be used to enhance their students’ learning, as long as it enhances the teaching and learning experience and/or honors the role of external community partners as co-educators.
- Honorarium for a community member to present to or train your students
- Covering expenses for a community partner to co-present at a conference.
- May also apply to a student presenting on community-based work.
- Renting transportation to take students to a community site.
- Buying supplies for a community partner or a course project.
- These funds are to be used towards an experience, not towards employing a TA, graduate/undergraduate student, technology software or hardware, etc. Expenses to support the teaching and learning experience will be prioritized.
- We cannot guarantee reimbursement unless all costs have been approved by CELTS prior to purchase.
- Honorariums for partners will be based on a rate of $100 per hour of active engagement (speaking, trainings, etc.)
- Honorariums do not apply to supervision of academic interns or service-learning students.
- Faculty are responsible for working with the community partner to determine where the payment should be directed (individual vs. organization) and ensuring all necessary financial paperwork is filed with the University before CELTS can issue payment.
This application is open for any current Loyola instructor teaching an Engaged Learning course OR has completed the CELTS Certificate in Experiential Learning faculty development program or a consistent participations in CELTS fculty development programming.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please allow 10 business days for review of your submission.
- Fall review period begins August 1 and continues until November 15 or when funds are depleted.
- Spring review period begins November 1 and continues until April 15 or when funds are depleted.